Welcome to NC State, Spring Connection students!
Spring Connection is a program for incoming first-year students who were admitted in Spring 2018 to begin at NC State in January 2019. New Student Programs is here to ensure your transition can go as smoothly as possible. Use the links and information on this page to start thinking about your next steps in joining the Pack. We hope we can be a resource for you and your family members during this exciting time!
If you have any questions throughout your transition, contact New Student Programs at 919.515.1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still have questions about your acceptance into Spring Connection? Visit the Undergraduate Admissions Spring Connection Frequently Asked Questions page: https://admissions.ncsu.edu/springconnectionfaq
Timelines & Important Dates
- June 1, 2018 – Enrollment Confirmation Deadline via wolfPAW
- July 15, 2018
- Deadline to submit your fall plans to Undergraduate Admissions via wolfPAW
- Deadline to submit your official high school transcript to Undergraduate Admissions
- December 20, 2018 – Deadline to submit official final transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions from any institution you attend in the summer/fall
- January 7, 2019 – First Day of Class
Advising & Course Registration
- As soon as you submit your Advanced Enrollment Deposit – Contact your college or program for advising assistance if you intend to take courses at another institution before enrolling at NC State
- August 27, 2018 – Recommended deadline to complete necessary online Math and Chemistry Placement Testing
- September 21, 2018
- Spring Connection Advising Day from 12:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. (In-person advising assistance for spring course registration and the Foreign Language placement exam will be offered)
- Advising and Spring Course Registration Information Available Online
- October 19 – December 1, 2018 – Spring Course Registration via MyPack Portal
- June 20 – August 1, 2018 – Summer Start program (optional summer opportunity)
- Apply by May 9, 2018
- August 22 – November 17, 2018 – Prague Connection program (optional Study Abroad opportunity)
- Apply by June 15, 2018
- September 21, 2018, 12:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. – Spring Connection Advising Day (optional spring advising program)
- January 3, 2019 – New Student and Family Orientation (required for students)
- January 3-13, 2019 – Winter Welcome Week
- January 4, 2019 – Symposium for Multicultural Scholars (optional spring advising program, information coming soon)
- Spring Semester – Year One Series transition programming
Additional Dates & Deadlines
- October 3, 2018 – University Housing Application Available
- November 1, 2018 – Meal Plan Sign Up Available
- Early November 2018 – Health Insurance Online Enrollment/Waiver Available
- Early November 2018 – Tuition and Fees Billing Posted on MyPack Portal (*due in early December)
- Late November 2018 – Parking Permits Available for Purchase (limited availability)
- Early December 2018 – Tuition and Fees Due
- January 2, 2019 – On-Campus Housing Move-In begins at 3:00pm
As a new student, you probably have lots of questions about where to go to find the resources and information you need about living and learning at NC State. The New Student Checklist will help you start on the path to becoming the newest member of the Wolfpack family.
Get academic advising assistance from your college or program and prepare to register for your Spring semester classes at NC State.
Consider connecting with NC State before the spring semester through optional transition programs like Summer Start and Prague Connection.
To make sure you are registered for the appropriate courses, you may need to take some placement tests before attending New Student Orientation.
Register for Friday, September 21, 2018 from 12:00p.m.-5:00p.m.! Spring Connection students are invited to campus to meet with their college or academic program and prepare for spring course registration.
Spring Orientation is a mandatory program for first-year students that will take place on Thursday, January 3, 2019. Parents and family members are also invited to attend a concurrent program.