Spring Connection Students
Welcome to NC State, Spring Connection students!
Spring Connection is a program for incoming first-year students who were admitted in Spring 2017 to begin at NC State in January 2018. New Student Programs is here to ensure your transition can go as smoothly as possible. Use the links and information on this page to start thinking about your next steps in joining the Pack. We hope we can be a resource for you and your family members during this exciting time!
If you have any questions throughout your transition, contact New Student Programs at 919.515.1234 or email@example.com.
Spring Connection Welcome Day
Welcome Day will take place on Saturday, October 14, 2017 and is an opportunity for Spring Connection students to connect with each other, their academic college, and the campus community. Information and experiences specific to you as a Spring Connection student will be featured at Welcome Day; however, since the program coincides with University Open House (UOH), you will also be able to take advantage of the many great sessions at UOH. The event is not mandatory and does not replace New Student Orientation, but we encourage students to attend if they are able!
Date and Time
- Saturday, October 14, 2017
- 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Check-In will take place from 8:30am – 11:00am at Park Shops
Who Should Attend?
Welcome Day is designed for Spring Connection students and their family members who will serve a student’s primary support throughout their transition to the university.
Can children or young adults attend the program?
Children and young adults are welcome to attend Welcome Day, but some of the sessions may be presented in a lecture format and may not be engaging for them.
Will students and guests be together during the program?
Students and family members will be together during the morning and early afternoon sessions. Some activities in the late afternoon will be separate.
- Spring Connection students can register themselves and family members using this online form.
- If you registered for University Open House already, please complete this form to replace it and your University Open House registration will be cancelled.
- If you have trouble accessing the online form, contact New Student Programs at 919.515.1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration Deadline: Monday, October 9, 2017.
- Check-In will take place at Park Shops from 8:30am -11:00am
- Signs and staff will direct guests from the Coliseum Parking Deck to Park Shops when they arrive
- Lunch will not be provided, but is available for purchase at a variety of campus dining locations.
- The event coincides with University Open House, an event for prospective students, but specific information and experiences catered to Spring Connection students will be offered.
- A detailed schedule will be available October 6th
Morning Schedule: Guests will create their own schedule in the morning based on their needs and interests
- “Preparing for Spring Semester” (*specifically for Spring Connection students)
- Student Perspective Panel (*specifically for Spring Connection students)
- Campus Department and Student Organization Fairs
- Tours of libraries, recreation facilities, and residence halls
- Explore Talley Student Union and Reynolds Coliseum
- Visit the Bookstore
- Academic Program Meetings will take place between 12:00pm and 3:00pm so students can connect with their academic college and ask questions about preparing for the spring semester.
- At 3:00pm, students will participate in group activities led by a student leader to get to know each other and begin engaging in NC State traditions. During this time, campus tours will be offered to family members.
Local hotel options are available on the Parents & Families Services Website. On-campus housing accommodations are not available for this event.
Directions and Parking Permit
- Welcome Day participants may park on campus in the Coliseum Parking Deck located off Dunn Avenue. The deck address is 201 Jeter Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607.
- A parking permit is not required.
HOW TO GET TO NC STATE:
- Directions to the Coliseum Parking Deck (201 Jeter Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607) can be found on the NC State Campus Map interactive website.
- Visit the University Transportation website for road construction updates/closings.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, NC State will honor requests for reasonable accommodations made by individuals with disabilities. If you are a student or guest attending a New Student Programs event, have a disability and desire any assistive devices, services, or other accommodations (e.g., ASL interpreter, large print, etc.) to participate in this event, please contact Lori Wilson at email@example.com or 919.515.1234 during business hours of 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. EST as soon as possible or at least 10 working days prior to the event.
As a new student, you probably have lots of questions about where to go to find the resources and information you need about living and learning at NC State. The New Student Checklist will help you start on the path to becoming the newest member of the Wolfpack family.
To make sure you are registered for the appropriate courses, you may need to take some placement tests before attending New Student Orientation.
Advising and Course Registration
(information available October 1)
Find out how to register for spring courses based on your academic program. At NC State, course registration is completed using the online MyPack Portal system, and can only be completed after consultation with an academic advisor.
2018 Spring Orientation
(registration available October 16)
Spring Orientation is a mandatory program for first-year students that will take place on Thursday, January 4, 2018. Parents and family members are also invited to attend a concurrent program.
Winter Welcome Week marks the beginning of the spring semester with a series of events that allow new and returning students to begin or continue building their community at NC State. Students will have the opportunity to explore campus involvement, build academic skills, and meet new people!
In addition to Orientation and Winter Welcome Week, New Student Programs offers a number of programs throughout the year to help you have a successful transition to State.