Spring Connection Students
Welcome to NC State, Spring Connection students!
Spring Connection is a program for incoming first-year students who were admitted in Spring 2017 to begin at NC State in January 2018. New Student Programs is here to ensure your transition can go as smoothly as possible. Use the links and information on this page to start thinking about your next steps in joining the Pack. We hope we can be a resource for you and your family members during this exciting time!
If you have any questions throughout your transition, contact New Student Programs at 919.515.1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 1, 2017
- October 13, 2017 – Placement Testing Deadline
- October 14, 2017 – Spring Connection Welcome Day
- October 19, 2017 – New Student and Family Orientation Registration Open
- October 19 through December 1, 2017 – Course Registration
- November 1, 2017 – Health Insurance Online Enrollment/Waiver Available
- November 6, 2017 – Tuition and Fees Bill Posted on MyPack Portal (*due on December 5)
- January 3, 2018 – On-Campus Housing Move-In begins at 12:00pm (noon)
- January 4, 2018 – New Student and Family Orientation
- January 4-14, 2018 – Winter Welcome Week
- January 8, 2018 – First Day of Class
As a new student, you probably have lots of questions about where to go to find the resources and information you need about living and learning at NC State. The New Student Checklist will help you start on the path to becoming the newest member of the Wolfpack family.
To make sure you are registered for the appropriate courses, you may need to take some placement tests before attending New Student Orientation.
Find out how to register for spring courses based on your academic program. At NC State, course registration is completed using the online MyPack Portal system, and can only be completed after consultation with an academic advisor.
Spring Orientation is a mandatory program for first-year students that will take place on Thursday, January 4, 2018. Parents and family members are also invited to attend a concurrent program.
Winter Welcome Week marks the beginning of the spring semester with a series of events that allow new and returning students to begin or continue building their community at NC State. Students will have the opportunity to explore campus involvement, build academic skills, and meet new people!
In addition to Orientation and Winter Welcome Week, New Student Programs offers a number of programs throughout the year to help you have a successful transition to State.