WELCOME TO THE WOLFPACK!
The Offices of New Student Programs and International Services (OIS) welcome you to NC State University, a community of achievers rich in tradition and academic excellence. Orientation, a three day program that is required for all first-year and transfer international students, will help you prepare for your transition into the United States and college life as well as the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead—intellectually, emotionally, academically, and socially.
After paying your Advanced Enrollment Deposit confirming you are coming to NC State, be sure to complete the following:
- Plan on attending Orientation on August 14th through August 16th, 2019.
- Review details about the New Student Orientation program in the sections below.
- Register for Orientation by completing the online registration form via WolfPAW, and consider registering parents and family members for Family Orientation
- Visit the New Student Checklist and the International Pre-Arrival Guide, which will guide you through tasks you need to complete before starting in August.
- Download our mobile guide for additional access to information about Orientation and transitioning to NC State!
August Orientation for international students will take place Wednesday, August 14th through Friday, August 16th, 2019. Orientation will begin with registration on Wednesday morning at 8:30am in Nelson Hall, Room 3400 and will run until approximately 5:00pm on Friday.
The cost of attendance is included in the mandatory fees charged to all new first-year and transfer international students. All incoming first-year and transfer international students will pay the following fees:
- First-Year Students will pay the First-Year Student Fee and the International Orientation Fee.
- Transfer Students will pay the Transfer Student Fee and the International Orientation Fee.
Notes About Fees:
- These fees cover your attendance and the attendance of up to two guests for Family Orientation, including guests’ materials and lunch tickets (up to two per family) for Fountain Dining Hall.
- This does not include overnight housing for family members. Click here for a list of local hotels offering discounts to Orientation attendees.
- No payment is due to New Student Programs. The mandatory fees will be included in your Fall tuition bill.
New Student Orientation is mandatory for all incoming students. Only those students who have been accepted and have paid their advanced enrollment deposit ($300.00) can register for Orientation. All students who have paid their deposit will receive an email from our office inviting them to register for Orientation. To register for Orientation:
- Log in to your WolfPAW account at https://wolfpaw.ncsu.edu
- Click on the “Register for Orientation” link under the “My To-Do List” section on the Dashboard.
- Read the instructions and select International Orientation Session to attend (this will be the only option listed).
- Contact New Student Programs at 919.515.1234 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you have a conflict with attending your designated Orientation session.
- After paying your Enrollment Deposit, please allow two days for processing before attempting to register for New Student Orientation.
- If you are having difficulty with the registration process or would prefer to register over the phone, please call New Student Programs at 919.515.1234.
- If you will not be attending NC State you must notify the office of Undergraduate Admissions. (Email: email@example.com).
During International Orientation, students will learn about transitioning to the United States and North Carolina State University while learning about topics such as immigration status and academic success, meeting with their college representatives, receiving information about campus resources, and meeting other students. The Orientation program will begin on August 14th at 8:30am in Nelson Hall, Room 3400 and will conclude on Friday, August 16th at 5:00pm.. Download detailed schedules:
Housing is only provided for those students living in University Housing. Students not living in University Housing must make their own arrangements.
- Students can stay in their residence hall if they are living on campus for the fall semester or they may arrange other housing in the area.
- If you are living in University Housing, please note that you will be able to move into your residence hall room on Tuesday, August 13th.
- Check-in at your residence hall’s designated Early Check-In Location (click here and scroll down) to get your keys.
For a list of local hotels offering discounts for Orientation attendees, click here.
Directions and Parking Permit
PARKING FOR UNIVERSITY HOUSING MOVE-IN
Students moving in between Tuesday, August 13 and Wednesday, August 14 should print the Early Arrival Placard. You must display this placard in your vehicle on your move-in day.
Reserved spaces are for unloading only. Once you have completed your unloading, move your vehicle(s) to the areas designated for early check-in long-term parking.
PARKING FOR ORIENTATION (WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14 – FRIDAY, AUGUST 16, 2019)
Orientation participants may park on campus in the Coliseum Parking Deck entering via Jensen Drive. The parking lot address is 201 Jensen Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606.
HOW TO GET TO NC STATE:
- Directions to the Coliseum Parking Deck (201 Jensen Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607) can be found using this Waze Link or on the NC State Campus Map interactive website.
- Visit the University Transportation website for road construction updates/closings.
- Please do not try to enter campus via Dan Allen Drive from Hillsborough Street. The road is gated and not accessible to campus from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Students and families attending Orientation will use a free virtual parking permit that is validated using license plate recognition. The permit will be valid for the Coliseum Parking Deck from 7:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. for all three days of your session. Parking is free and open to the public after 5:00p.m.
Register for your permit before leaving for Orientation using the following instructions, and note that you will need your license plate information to complete the online form. If you are bringing guests for Family Orientation, please only complete this online registration form once for each vehicle that will need parking during Orientation.
How to Obtain Your Orientation Event Permit:
- Visit aimsparking.com
- Select “Purchase Event Permit” (Note: Permit is Free)
- Agree to the Terms of Service
- Select “Orientation” as the event category
- Select “8/14 – 8/16 August Orientation” as your event
- When prompted enter Augustorientation2019 as the Event Voucher Code. The code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as shown. Click Confirm.
- Select Permit Type
- Select the session start date (8/14/2019)
- Select the session end date (8/16/2019). Click Confirm.
- Select Location
- Click “Add Vehicle”. Enter vehicle license plate, state, year and make. Click Add.
- Enter Client Name and Phone Number. Click Confirm.
- Review information entered for accuracy and click continue.
- Enter email address to receive, confirmation of parking permit. Click Checkout. Remember, the permit is virtual, so your license plate is your permit and no paper permit is required. Permit is only valid only for the vehicle entered.
Important Virtual Permit Notes:
- This permit is free for guests, and you should not need to enter credit card information. If you use a credit card to purchase another permit in error, refunds are not available.
- Accessible parking is available. It is only valid when a state-issued placard is displayed in your vehicle and you have registered for an accessible virtual Orientation permit through NC State (instructions above).
- If you need to change which vehicle you are bringing after registering, call the NC State Transportation office at 919.515.3424 to edit your permit.
- If you will be using a rental car, wait to register for a virtual permit once you have the vehicle and its license plate information.
What to Bring
Please bring the following items to Orientation:
- Valid government-issued photo ID (to have your Wolfpack One Card campus ID card made)
- Make sure you know your Unity ID and password and have answered your three security questions
- Comfortable clothes/sneakers-you will be doing A LOT OF WALKING!
- Pen and paper
- Sweater or light jacket as some buildings can be chilly
Family Orientation Information
New Student Programs recommends that all students consider registering parents and family members for the concurrent Family Orientation program. This program, designed specifically to assist families with their transition to the Wolfpack, is optional but highly encouraged. Learn more here.
Download the NC State University Guides app on your smartphone to access the “2019 New Students” mobile guide. It gives you on-the-go information related to your transition to NC State including Orientation schedules, important dates, and more! Click here for download instructions.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, NC State will honor requests for reasonable accommodations made by individuals with disabilities. If you are a student or guest attending a New Student Programs event, have a disability and desire any assistive devices, services, or other accommodations (e.g., ASL interpreter, large print, etc.) to participate in this event, please contact Lori Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.515.1234 during business hours of 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. EST as soon as possible or at least 10 working days prior to the event.