NC State intends to provide a set of intentional experiences that holistically supports the retention and success of second-year students as they continue to develop their curricular and co-curricular passions and purpose. There are Four Pillars that correlate with this mission.
How you choose to handle your relationships, based on your self-selected values, beliefs, interests, and understandings of how you fit in the world.
- Investigate who you are individually and who you are in relation to the environment.
- Reflect on experiences in various aspects of life such as self-identities, career goals, and relationships.
- Explore activities related to self and the environment.
Being intentional about your short and long-term goals related to your professional and career development.
- Acquire the capacity to problem-solve and seek support.
- Prepare to effectively search, apply, and interview for jobs and/or graduate programs.
- Identify academic goals and course schedules that support on-time graduation.
Gaining cultural competence and appreciation of diverse communities on and off our campus.
- Learn how to seek coursework and experiences to develop global knowledge.
- Interact with people and experiences beyond your usual sphere or comfort zone.
- Contribute to communities while growing awareness of each student’s place in our interconnected world.
Your positive connections and experiences that provide you with a sense of belonging to the university community..
- Deepen the sense of belonging on campus.
- Connect with peers and faculty in major and career fields.
- Develop healthy interpersonal relationships.