Start your degree early by earning up to eight credit-hours during the summer before your first semester. Through Summer Start, you can
- LIVE in the heart of campus
- CONNECT with new students and student mentors
- ENGAGE with faculty in smaller classes
- EXPLORE academic and personal interests in a supportive environment
Summer Start is a unique opportunity for you to jump start your NC State undergraduate experience by taking summer session II classes before your fall semester in August. Summer Start is open to all new first year and transfer students (including international students and Spring Connect students).
Important Dates for Summer 2021
- Program Dates: June 23 – August 4, 2021
- Welcome Program: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- First-Year Virtual Orientation Session: Thursday, June 24, 2021
- Transfer Virtual Orientation Session: Friday, June 25, 2021
- Summer Classes Begin: Monday, June 28, 2021
- Summer Final Exams: August 2 – August 3, 2021
Starting as a Spring Connect student? Visit the Summer Start Spring Connect webpage for more information specific to you!
Potential Impact of Covid-19
NC State is anticipating returning to normal operations for the fall semester, and we are encouraged by the current trends of COVID-19 infections throughout our city and state. Therefore, Summer Start is moving forward with a hybrid format for summer 2021, including on-campus housing options and online class delivery.
Meet the Mentors
The 2021 Summer Start Mentors will be announced later this spring.
Check out University Housing's website for more information about summer housing options!
New Student Orientation
Summer Start students are required to participate in New Student Orientation, more information to come.
Still have a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!