- LIVE in the heart of campus
- CONNECT with new students and student mentors
- ENGAGE with faculty in smaller classes
- EXPLORE academic and personal interests in a supportive environment
- NAVIGATE campus in a relaxed setting
Summer Start is a unique opportunity for you to jump start your NC State undergraduate experience by taking summer session II classes before your fall semester in August. Summer Start is open to all new first year and transfer students (including international students).
Check out important dates and learn more about Summer Start by using the links below. Note: Information for the upcoming summer will be updated in February but summer 2018 information is available for reference.
Important Dates for Summer 2019
- Program Dates: June 19 – July 31, 2019
- Summer Move-In & Welcome Program: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- First-Year Orientation Session: Thursday, June 20 – Friday June 21, 2019
- Transfer Orientation Session: Friday, June 21, 2019
- Summer Classes Begin: Monday, June 24, 2019
- Summer Final Exams: July 29 – July 30, 2019
- Summer Move-Out: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
The Summer Start 2019 Application will open in February 2019. To sign up to receive more information about Summer Start, please complete the Summer Start Interest Form.
From summer classes and living on campus to various programs and events, Summer Start has something to offer each new member of the Wolfpack. Learn more about the program that can help you jumpstart your
NC State experience!
Summer Start is a great way to adapt to the rigors of college academics, gain experience in college-level courses and start on the path towards graduation, all before the fall semester begins in August. View sample schedules showing courses students in each college frequently take during Summer Start.
Learn more about expected costs associated with participation in the program, including housing, dining, and tuition, and potential financial aid options for the summer. NC State’s priority deadline to complete the FAFSA is March 1.
Both first-year and transfer students may live on-campus in a residence hall with other participants during Summer Start. Find out about the Summer Start housing options and move-in day.
New Student Orientation
(Coming in March 2019)
New Student Programs offers an orientation session specific to Summer Start students and families. First-Year students and families will attend on Thursday, June 20 and Friday, June 21, 2019, while transfer students and families will attend on Friday, June 21, 2019.
Meet the Staff
During Summer Start, you’ll be paired with a Summer Start Mentor, a student who has experience on campus and will serve as an important resource and guide during your transition to NC State.
Still have a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for assistance!