The sign up for Summer Start 2022 is closed.
Please contact New Student Programs at 919.515.1234 or email@example.com with any questions.
Start your degree early by earning up to eight credit-hours during the summer before your first semester. Through Summer Start, you can
- LIVE in the heart of campus
- CONNECT with new students and student mentors
- ENGAGE with faculty in smaller classes
- EXPLORE academic and personal interests in a supportive environment
Summer Start is a unique opportunity for you to jump start your NC State undergraduate experience by taking summer session II classes before your fall semester in August. Summer Start is open to all new first year and transfer students (including international students and Spring Connect students).
Important Dates for Summer 2022
- Program Dates: June 22 – August 3, 2022
- Move-In: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 – click here for more information (9am – 2pm)
- Welcome Program: Wednesday, June 22, 2022
- First-Year Orientation Session: Thursday, June 23 – Friday, June 24, 2022
- Transfer Orientation Session: Friday, June 24, 2022
- Summer Classes Begin: Monday, June 27, 2022
- Summer Final Exams: August 1 – August 2, 2022
- Move-Out: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 by 10am
Potential Impact of Covid-19
Currently, the Summer Start program is planning to move forward with an in-person format for summer 2022. NC State returned to normal operations for the fall 2021 semester and is continuing to monitor current trends of COVID-19 infections throughout our city and state. Should the decision be made to change these plans in response to COVID-19, New Student Programs will communicate with students as soon as information is available.
Click here to view the Summer Start Prep List!
For confirmed Summer Start Participants
Check out University Housing's website for more information about summer housing options!
New Student Orientation
Summer Start students are required to participate in New Student Orientation, more information to come.
Still have a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!