Welcome to NC State, Spring Connect students!
Spring Connect is a program for incoming first-year students who were admitted in spring 2019 to begin at NC State in January 2020. New Student Programs is here to ensure your transition can go as smoothly as possible. Use the links and information on this page to start thinking about your next steps in joining the Pack. We hope we can be a resource for you and your family members during this exciting time!
If you have any questions throughout your transition, contact New Student Programs at 919.515.1234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still have questions about your acceptance into Spring Connect? Visit the Undergraduate Admissions Spring Connect Frequently Asked Questions page: https://admissions.ncsu.edu/spring-connect-faq
Timelines & Important Dates
- June 1, 2019 – Enrollment Confirmation Deadline via wolfPAW
- July 15, 2019
- Deadline to submit your fall plans to Undergraduate Admissions via wolfPAW
- Deadline to submit your official high school transcript to Undergraduate Admissions
- December 20, 2019 – Deadline to submit official final transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions from any institution you attend in the summer/fall
- January 6, 2020 – First Day of Class
Advising & Course Registration
- As soon as you submit your Advanced Enrollment Deposit – Contact your college or program for advising assistance if you intend to take courses at another institution before enrolling at NC State
- August 26, 2019 – Recommended deadline to complete necessary online Chemistry Placement Testing
- September 30, 2019 – Recommended deadline to complete necessary online Math Placement Testing
- October 18, 2019
- Spring Connect Advising Day from 12:30p.m. – 5:00p.m. (In-person advising assistance for spring course registration and the Foreign Language placement exam will be offered)
- Advising and Spring Course Registration information will be available in October for students who cannot attend Advising Day
- Late October, 2019 – December 1, 2019 – Spring Course Registration via MyPack Portal
- June 19 – July 31, 2019 – Summer Start program (optional summer opportunity)
- Apply by May 9, 2019
- September 8 – December 6, 2019 – Prague Connect program (optional Study Abroad opportunity)
- Apply by May 15, 2019
- Friday, October 18, 2019, 12:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. – Spring Connect Advising Day (optional spring advising program)
- Friday, January 3, 2020 – New Student and Family Orientation (required for students)
- January 2-12, 2020 – Winter Welcome Week
- Saturday, January 4, 2020 – Symposium for Multicultural Scholars (optional spring program)
- Spring Semester – Additional transition programming offered by NSP
Additional Dates & Deadlines
- Early October 2019 – University Housing Application Available (via MyPack Portal)
- November 2019 – Health Insurance Online Enrollment/Waiver Available (*due January 2020)
- November 1, 2019 – Meal Plan Sign Up Available (*can make changes until January 31, 2020)
- Early November 2019 – Tuition and Fees Billing Posted on MyPack Portal (*due early December 2019)
- Late November 2019 – Parking Permits Available for Purchase (Permits have limited availability and are sold on a first-come first-serve basis. If you have applied for housing you must wait until you have an assignment before purchasing a permit.)
- Early December 2019 – Tuition and Fees Due
- Thursday, January 2, 2020 – On-Campus Housing Move-In begins at 3:00pm (Check in at your building’s 24 hour service desk)
As a new student, you probably have lots of questions about where to go to find the resources and information you need about living and learning at NC State. The New Student Checklist will help you start on the path to becoming the newest member of the Wolfpack family.
Get academic advising assistance from your college or program and prepare to register for your Spring semester classes at NC State.
Consider connecting with NC State before the spring semester through optional transition programs like Summer Start and Prague Connect.
To make sure you are registered for the appropriate courses, you may need to take some placement tests before attending New Student Orientation.
Register for Friday, October 18, 2019 from 12:30p.m.-5:00p.m.! Spring Connect students are invited to campus to meet with their college or academic program and prepare for spring course registration.
2020 Spring Orientation (coming soon)
Spring Orientation is a mandatory program for first-year students that will take place on Friday, January 3, 2020. Parents and family members are also invited to attend a concurrent program.