Welcome to NC State, spring transfer students!
New Student Programs is here to ensure your transition can go as smoothly as possible. Use the links and information on this page to start thinking about your next steps in joining the Pack. We hope we can be a resource for you and your family members during this exciting time, and we can’t wait to meet you during Orientation!
NOTE: If you were admitted to NC State as part of the Spring Connect program in March 2019 to begin in January 2020, please visit the Spring Connect page on our website instead.
If you have any questions throughout your transition, contact New Student Programs at 919.515.1234 or email@example.com.
- December 18, 2019 – Deadline to submit official final transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions from any institution you attended previously
- Thursday, January 2, 2020 – New Student and Family Orientation (required for students)
- Thursday, January 2, 2020 – On-Campus Housing Move-In begins in the afternoon after Orientation (Check in at your building’s 24 hour service desk)
- January 2-12, 2020 – Winter Welcome Week
- Saturday, January 4, 2020 – Symposium for Multicultural Scholars (optional spring program, register by December 6, 2019)
- Monday, January 6, 2020 – First Day of Class
- Spring Semester – Post Welcome Week Transition Programs
As a new student, you probably have lots of questions about where to go to find the resources and information you need about living and learning at NC State. The New Student Checklist will help you start on the path to becoming the newest member of the Wolfpack family.
To make sure you are registered for the appropriate courses, you may need to take some placement tests before attending New Student Orientation.
Find out how to register for spring courses based on your academic program. At NC State, course registration is completed using the online MyPack Portal system, and can only be completed after consultation with an academic advisor.
Spring Orientation is a mandatory program for transfer students that will take place on Thursday, January 2, 2020. Parents and family members are also invited to attend a concurrent program.
Winter Welcome Week marks the beginning of the spring semester with a series of events that allow new and returning students to begin or continue building their community at NC State. Students will have the opportunity to explore campus involvement, build academic skills, and meet new people!
In addition to Orientation and Winter Welcome Week, New Student Programs offers a number of programs throughout the year to help you have a successful transition to State.