At NC State University, assessment is considered an important tool that facilitates discussion about academic and student programs and provides useful information to guide continuous program improvement. We collaborate each year with the Office of Assessment within the Division of Academic & Student Affairs, to design and implement a successful assessment plan.
Most Recent Assessment Reports (Full Year and Program Specific)
- 2020-2021 New Student Programs Annual Report
Provides an overview of the scope of programs and services sponsored by New Student Programs, as well as the ways in which NSP is supporting the NC State Strategic Plan. Other items include specific information on the professional leadership positions of staff and awards won during the year.
- 2020 New Student and Family Orientation Summer Assessment Report [COMING SOON]
Provides an overview of assessment directly related to the summer New Student Orientation and Family Orientation programs coordinated and implemented by New Student Programs. These items are self-reported and relate specifically to student and family learning and the participants’ experiences with our orientation programs.
- 2020 Summer Start Assessment Report [COMING SOON]
Provides an overview of assessment directly related to the Summer Start program, a summer academic transition program aimed at new first-year and transfer students to assist in their acclimation to NC State while enrolled in summer courses.
Click below to view assessment reports and overviews from previous years.
- Summer 2019 New Student and Family Orientation Summer Assessment Report
- Summer 2018 New Student and Family Orientation Summer Assessment Report
- Summer 2017 New Student & Family Orientation Assessment Report
- Summer 2016 New Student & Parents’ Orientation Assessment Report
- Summer 2015 New Student & Parents’ Orientation Assessment Report
- Summer 2014 Comprehensive Report
- Summer 2013 Comprehensive Report
- Summer 2012 First-Year Report Ι Summer 2012 Transfer Report
- Summer 2011 First-Year Report Ι Summer 2011 Transfer Report
- Summer 2010 First-Year Report Ι Summer 2010 Transfer Report
- Summer 2009 First-Year Report Ι Summer 2009 Transfer Report
Provides an overview of assessment directly related to the Common Reading Program, a university-wide initiative aimed at first-year students to provide a shared intellectual experience during their initial transition to campus.