While there are costs associated with taking summer classes (such as tuition and fees, housing, dining, and books), NC State and the Summer Start program are committed to assisting students in participating in the program. The amount of available financial aid varies year to year, but financial aid may be available for the Summer Start program depending on your specific circumstances. Review the information below to learn more about financial aid and the potential costs associated with participating in Summer Start.
Have questions about finances? Please not hesitate to reach out to our staff with any questions you may have!
Scholarships and Financial Aid
To be considered for financial assistance, make sure you have completed your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and that it has been sent to NC State University. As a reminder, NC State’s priority deadline to complete the FAFSA is March 1 (Federal School Code: 002972).
To help in learning more and applying for financial aid, follow the steps below:
- Discover more information about the different types of financial aid by clicking here.
- Find out if you are eligible for financial aid by reviewing NC State’s eligibility requirements to receive financial aid. Note: To receive financial aid, you must be in a degree-seeking program and enrolled in at least six credit hours during the Summer Start program.
- Click here to learn about the six steps you must take to apply for and receive financial aid.
- Still have questions? Find out who your financial aid counselor is by clicking here. You can email your counselor or call Scholarships & Financial Aid at 919.515.NCSU.
To learn more about the services and resources offered to help you financially navigate your academic career, including applying and receiving financial aid, visit the NC State Student Services Center.
Projected Program Costs
Your individual expenses will depend on how many courses you take, how much you want to spend on meals, and what books/supplies you need to purchase. And, don’t forget your extra spending money!
Costs for 2018
|Tuition & Fees (estimated for 6 credit hours)||$1,837.20||$5,557.20|
|Housing (includes internet and laundry)||$750.00||$750.00|
|Dining (12 meals/week + dining dollars)||$500||$500|
*Costs may vary and depend on number of credit hours student is enrolled in. For more information, visit the Cashiers Office.
Viewing & Paying Your Bill
Summer Session II tuition and fees will be available in May 2018 via MyPack Portal and will be due the first week of June 2018. Please note: there is no payment plan available during the summer so students should make plans to pay their bills by the early June 2018 deadline.
Use the links below to access resources available through the NC State Student Services Center for more information about your bill:
Should you be interested in giving your parent or guardian online access to view your financial (billing/payment) and academic (schedule/grades) information:
- Log in to MyPack Portal. Go to the Student Homepage > Personal Information tile > Parent & Guardian access. Detailed instructions are available here (bottom of the page).
- To learn more about your academic records and the laws that protect them, visit https://policies.ncsu.edu/regulation/reg-11-00-01.
- For more information on how parents and guardians can use the MyPack Portal, visit https://sis.emas.ncsu.edu/parents/.