Welcome to the Wolfpack and congratulations on joining the NC State community! New Student Programs looks forward to working with you throughout your transition to the University. Through programs like New Student Orientation, we hope to provide you with the information and experiences to be prepared and excited to begin your NC State experience.
After paying your Advanced Enrollment Deposit confirming you are coming to NC State, be sure to complete the following:
- Read through this webpage to become familiar with Orientation details
- Register for Orientation on January 4, 2017 by completing the online registration form via WolfPAW.
- Review the New Student Checklist which will guide you through tasks you need to complete before starting in January.
- Review Advising and Course Registration information that will guide you through spring course registration
- Print the Orientation Parking Permit
- Download the NC State Guides app on your mobile device, search for ‘Spring Orientation 2017’ and customize your orientation schedule!
Spring Orientation for all new students will take place on Wednesday, January 4, 2017.
Check in will begin at 8:00am on the second floor of Talley Student Union. Students should plan on orientation programming running until approximately 5:00pm that day.
For all incoming students, a New Student Fee of $79 is charged to your tuition and fees statement.
- Please do not send payment to the Office of New Student Programs.
- This fee is charged regardless of your attendance at Spring Orientation.
New Student Orientation is mandatory for all incoming students. Only those students who have been accepted and paid their advanced enrollment deposit ($200.00) can register for Orientation. Registration is now available, and all students who have paid their deposit will receive an email inviting them to register for Orientation.
To register for Orientation:
- Log in to your wolfPAW account.
- Click on the “Register for Orientation” link under the “My To-Do List” section on the Dashboard.
- Read the instructions and select the Spring Orientation session (January 4). Note: This will be the only the session available to you.
- Contact New Student Programs at 919.515.1234 immediately if you have a conflict with attending Orientation.
- After paying your Enrollment Deposit, please allow two days for processing before attempting to register for Spring Orientation.
- If you are having difficulty with the registration process or would prefer to register over the phone, please call New Student Programs at 919.515.1234.
- If you will not be attending NC State you must notify the office of Undergraduate Admissions. (Email: email@example.com).
The University will be closed on the following days, so please keep this in mind when requesting assistance via phone or email:
- Thursday November 24 and Friday, November 25, 2016 for Thanksgiving
- Monday December 26, 2016 – January 2, 2017 for the Winter Holiday
During New Student Orientation, students will learn about NC State while meeting their college representatives, receiving information about campus resources and meeting other students.
- Orientation Check-in is from 8:00-8:30am in Talley Student Union.
- Once you arrive on campus using the directions provided Orientation signs will direct you to the parking lots where you are able to park during Orientation.
- Lunch for students is included in the New Student Orientation fee and will be served at Fountain Dining Hall.
- Students should plan on orientation programming running until approximately 5:00pm that day.
Parents and family members are also highly encouraged to attend Parents’ Orientation. The program runs in conjunction with your Orientation session and is designed to introduce families to the academic programs and special services available at NC State. You may register your parents at the same time you are registering for Orientation. Learn more here: https://newstudents.dasa.ncsu.edu/parents/spring/
Housing is only provided for those students living in University Housing. Students not living in University Housing must make their own arrangements for housing. Students can stay in their residence hall if they are living on campus for the spring semester or they may arrange other housing in the area.
If you are living in University Housing, please note that you will be able to move into your residence hall room from 3:00pm – 10:00pm on Tuesday, January 3, 2017. Additional information will be emailed to you from University Housing if you have signed up to live on campus. If you have any questions, contact University Housing at 919.515.2440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or your family require hotel accommodations, a list of local hotels that offer discounts can be found through Parents & Families Services.
Directions and Parking Permit
PARKING FOR WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2017:
- Orientation participants may park on campus in the Coliseum Parking Deck located off Dunn Avenue. The deck address is 201 Jeter Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607.
- Please print the Orientation Parking Permit and place the permit on the passenger side dashboard of your vehicle. It must be displayed at all times.
HOW TO GET TO NC STATE:
- Directions to the Coliseum Parking Deck (201 Jeter Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607) can be found on the NC State Campus Map interactive website.
- Visit the University Transportation website for road construction updates/closings.
- Please do not try to enter campus via Dan Allen Drive from Hillsborough Street. The road is gated and not accessible to campus from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
What to Bring
- Spring Orientation Parking Permit
- Valid driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID (to have your Wolfpack One Card campus ID card made)
- Copies of your AP/IB/SAT II scores if available
- Make sure you know your Unity ID and password and have answered your three security questions
- Comfortable clothes/sneakers – you will be doing a lot of walking!
- Pen and paper
- Sweater or light jacket as some buildings can be chilly
- Reusable water bottle
Please leave electronic items like laptops and other valuables at home or in your residence hall room
Download the NC State University Guides app on your smartphone to access the “2017 Spring Orientation” mobile guide. It gives you on-the-go information related to your transition to NC State including Orientation schedules, campus maps, and more!
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, NC State will honor requests for reasonable accommodations made by individuals with disabilities. If you are a student or guest attending a New Student Programs event, have a disability and desire any assistive devices, services, or other accommodations (e.g., ASL interpreter, large print, etc.) to participate in this event, please contact Lori Wilson at email@example.com or 919.515.1234 during business hours of 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. EST.
It is recommended that requests be made before Friday, December 23, 2016 as the office will be closed for the University Holidays December 24, 2016 – January 2, 2017.