Campus Departments and Academic Colleges and Programs are invited to submit events and participate in this spring semester’s 2021 Winter Welcome Week. The week will occur from Saturday, January 16, 2021 – Saturday, January 23, 2021. See important dates, considerations when planning events, and the submission link below.
Event Submission Process
We are moving the Winter Welcome Week calendar to the University Calendaring system. The details below outline changes you should be mindful of as you make plans for submitting your event.
When submitting Events
With the new calendaring system, we recommend you take a look at the University Calendar guide on How to Submit an Event before submitting.
- The new submission process includes partners filling out the submission form, the form being reviewed by the calendaring staff, and then the event being published to the calendar. If there are errors or missing information in your submission, the calendaring staff will put event into a pending queue and reach out for additional details before publishing.
- In order for your event to show up on the Winter Welcome Week calendar, please submit your event title as WWW: Event Title. This will allow the calendaring staff to filter events appropriately.
- Your event submission is separate from space reservations. For in person events, space reservations must first be made with RAVE! Events. Only after you have a space reservation should you submit your event to the calendar.
- Keep in mind, all in person events must abide by University Event Guidelines.
- If you submit an event with incomplete details, such as a missing location or zoom link, your event will not be published, and will remain in the pending queue until you update those details. For this reason, we highly recommend waiting to submit your event until you have all of the details confirmed.
Winter Welcome Week will occur from Saturday, January 16, 2021 – Saturday, January 23, 2021.
- Event submissions due: Wednesday, December 16
- Schedule published to student body: Wednesday, January 6
- Move-In: Saturday, January 16- Monday, January 18
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday: Monday, January 18
- First Day of Class: Tuesday, January 19
- You can add multiple dates for an event without having submit the form multiple times
- You can add a photo with your event. The calendaring staff has limited this to photography only, however. They will not accept submissions where you have uploaded a flier. You can otherwise upload your own picture, find one on the NC State Photo Shelter or use a photo from the photo library.
- You can now categorize events by both type and topic. The topics will replace the previous event categories. There is not a limit to the number of topics or types you can add to an event. Although, we recommend limiting to 2. The options are listed below:
- Arts & Culture
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Health & Wellness
- Scholarship & Research
- Social & Entertainment
- Academic Calendar
- Community Events
- Exhibitions & Films
- Lectures & Talks
- Meetings & Conferences
- Workshops & Trainings
Because event submissions will go through the University Calendars, partners are invited to share promotional imagery for submitted events here for distribution via the Winter Welcome Week social accounts. Please drop your image files into the day of your event, or if over multiple days, on the first day of your event.