Campus Departments and Academic Colleges and Programs are invited to submit events and participate in this spring semester’s 2020 Winter Welcome Week. The week will occur from Thursday, January 2 – Sunday, January 12, 2020. See important dates, considerations when planning events, and the submission link below. If you have any questions, please email Genna Martella.
The submission deadline for Winter Welcome Week events has passed.
For late event submissions, please email Genna Martella.
To submit your event, you will need the following information:
- Event Title
- Event Category (based on the 7 Welcome Week categories)
- Event Date
- Event Start and End Time
- Event Location
- Event Description (written for the audience)
This toolkit includes Winter Welcome Week logos, Billboards, and social media imagery for campus partners to utilize to promote the week via your channels.
Partners are also invited to share promotional imagery for submitted events here for distribution via the Winter Welcome Week Twitter and Instagram accounts.
The registration form allows student leaders, faculty, and staff to submit an event for inclusion in the Winter Welcome Week schedule. These events will be included in the NC State University Guides app, the online schedule, and Google Calendar associated with Winter Welcome Week.
Please note: NC State does not endorse any particular entities that are not part of NC State and listing on the Wolfpack Welcome Week schedule does not constitute an endorsement from NC State as an official university-sponsored event.
By completing this form, your event is slated for the Winter Welcome Week schedule; however, your submission must be approved by an administrator prior to it appearing on the WWW calendar so to avoid scheduling issues during the week. Please note: this registration form does not reserve space for your event and you must contact the appropriate entities for space reservations. See information in the sidebar about reserving rooms on campus.
EVENT SUBMISSION TIMELINE:
- Event submission deadline: Monday, December 2, 2019
- Any events submitted after this date will only appear on the mobile guide and Google calendar schedule and not the printable schedule
- Schedule sent out to partners for final review: Friday, December 6, 2019
- Schedule published campus-wide: Thursday, December 12, 2019
Academic Colleges & Programs
Colleges interested in hosting welcome events for incoming first-year or transfer students are encouraged do so on the first day of class, Monday, January 6, 2020, to avoid conflicts with move-in and Orientation during the week prior.
NEW STUDENT TRANSITION TIMELINE:
- Thursday, January 2
- New transfer students attend New Student Orientation (8:30 AM-5:00 PM)
- Residence halls re-open for spring at 3:00 PM; New spring first-years move-in
- Friday, January 3:
- New first-year students attend New Student Orientation (8:30 AM-9:30 PM)
- Monday, January 6:
- First day of spring semester classes
FEATURED SOCIAL EVENTS:
To help incoming spring students make connections throughout the week NSP has coordinated with a variety of offices to provide featured large-scale social events throughout the week. If you are planning a large-scale social event and are interested in having it featured, please email Genna Martella. The 2020 social events already planned include:
- Saturday, January 4:
- Symposium for Multicultural Scholars 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM
- Basketball Watch Party at 12:00 PM
- Sunday, January 5:
- Spring Connect Day Out from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Monday, January 6:
- FDOC Paint Party (evening)
- Tuesday, January 7:
- Student Involvement Fair at 4:00 PM- 7:00 PM