Submit an Event:
Campus departments and registered student organizations are invited to submit events and participate in this spring semester’s 2019 Winter Welcome Week. The week will occur from Wednesday, January 2 – Saturday, January 12, 2019. See important dates, considerations when planning events, and the submission link below. If you have any questions, please email Genna Martella.
Important Dates to Consider:
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019, at 3pm- Residence halls re-open for spring
- Thursday, January 3, 2019, from 8am-9:30pm- New first-year students attend New Student Orientation
- Friday, January 4, 2019
- New transfer students attend New Student Orientation
- New first-year international students attend International Student Orientation
- Multicultural Student Affairs hosts a Symposium for Multicultural Scholars
- Monday, January 7, 2019- First day of spring semester classes
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019- Campus Connections event takes place from 5pm-7pm in Talley Student Union in State Ballroom. Due to space limitations, Campus Connections registration will only be open to registered student organizations.
Featured social events:
To better help our incoming spring students make connections throughout the week NSP has coordinated with a variety of offices to provide featured large-scale social events throughout the week. Events that have already been scheduled are listed below. If you are planning a large-scale social event and are interested in having it featured, please email Genna Martella.
- Saturday, January 5: Spring Connections Day Out (10am-4pm) & NC State Dining Night Owl (10pm-12am)
- Sunday, January 6: UAB Films presents Space Jam
- Monday, January 7: FDOC Paint Party by Student Health Services & New Student Programs (7pm-9pm)
- Tuesday, January 8: Campus Connections by Student Involvement (5pm-7pm)
- Wednesday, January 9: Karaoke with UAB (9pm-11pm)
- Thursday, January 10: Trivia with UAB (9pm-11pm)
- Saturday, January 12: Men’s Basketball v Pitt (12pm)
Recommendations for academic colleges and programs:
- Colleges interested in hosting welcome events for incoming first-year or transfer students are encouraged do so on Sunday, January 6 or on the first day of class, Monday, January 7, 2019, to avoid conflicts with Orientation and MSA’s Symposium for Multicultural Scholars during the week prior.
Recommendations for Campus Departments:
- Due to space limitations, Campus Connections registration will only be open to student organizations. However, to capitalize on the foot traffic in Talley during the event, (5pm-7pm on Tuesday, January 8, 2019), departments with offices in Talley are encouraged to hold open houses concurrent with Campus Connections. Departments outside of Talley are welcome to host open houses or other events throughout the week as well.
Recommendations for registered student organizations:
- Registered Student Organizations are invited to participate in Winter Welcome Week either by planning and submitting an event during the week and/or by tabling at Campus Connections:
- Campus Connections, hosted by the office of Student Involvement, will be held from 5pm-7pm on Tuesday, January 8, 2019, in the Talley Student Union, State Ballroom. Registered Student Organizations can sign up to have a table at Campus Connections via the Get Involved portal beginning on November 12th. Space is limited! For questions about Campus Connections, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Organizations are also encouraged to plan an event during Winter Welcome Week! All events can be submitted through the link below. If events are on campus, organizations should make sure that they have a reservation for the location they have listed on the event to prevent double bookings. Rooms in Talley Student Union can be booked through Rave! Event Services. We recommend that Student Organization reference the list of important dates and above when scheduling events, to prevent conflicts.
Events should be submitted by Friday, December 7, 2018.
The registration form allows student leaders, faculty, and staff to submit an event for inclusion in the Winter Welcome Week schedule. These events will be included in the NC State University Guides app, the online schedule, and Google Calendar associated with Winter Welcome Week.
Please note: NC State does not endorse any particular entities that are not part of NC State and listing on the Wolfpack Welcome Week schedule does not constitute an endorsement from NC State as an official university-sponsored event.
By completing this form, your event is slated for the Winter Welcome Week schedule; however, your submission must be approved by an administrator prior to it appearing on the WWW calendar so to avoid scheduling issues during the week. Please note: this registration form does not reserve space for your event and you must contact the appropriate entities for space reservations. See information in the sidebar about reserving rooms on campus.