Certificate Completion Requirements
|Complete the Focus 2 Career Assessment and the six core workshops
||Complete at least one elective workshop
||Meet with your Career Identity Coach two times per semester
Who can apply?
Transfer students who began at NC State during the summer and fall 2018 semesters are eligible to participate.
How much of a time commitment is this?
Participants will dedicate approximately 12 hours to the program over the full academic year.
How big is the cohort of participants?
The cohort will consist of 12-15 transfer students.
When are workshops, and how long do they last?
Most workshops are one hour long, and offered multiple times a semester. Stress Management workshops will be 30 minutes long. Panels and guest speakers will vary. See the schedule of workshops offered this fall below:
CORE: Workshop 1: Personal and Professional Values Exploration
- September 17 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm in UCC 104
- September 25 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm in FOX 104
- October 10 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm in FOX 104
- October 18 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm in FOX 104
- October 26 @ 3:30 – 4:30 pm in UCC 104
CORE: Workshop 2: Focus2 Assessment and Interpretation
- ONLINE – Please complete by end of October
CORE: Workshop 3: Visioning Your Future
- November 7 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm in FOX 104
- November 9 @ 3:30 – 4:30 pm in UCC 104
- November 12 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm in FOX 104
- November 13 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm in UCC 104
- November 27 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm in UCC 104
ELECTIVE: Exploring Diversity within Your Environment
- October 19 @ 3:30 – 4:30 pm in UCC 104
ELECTIVE: Guest Speaker: Marcy Bullock
- October 30 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm in FOX 104
ELECTIVE: High Impact Experiences to Support Your Vision – Panel Discussion
- November 14 @ 6:30 – 8:00 pm in WSC 126
Do I need to complete the whole thing?
Yes! In order to receive the certificate and total value of the program, it is a year-long commitment.
When can I schedule meetings with my Career Coach?
Meetings with your career coach can be scheduled Monday- Fridays between 8:00am-5:00pm. Participants will be sent a link to sign up for meetings upon registration.
What do I get at the end?
At the completion of the year-long program, participants are invited to take part in an End- of-Year Celebration and receive a certificate of completion to celebrate their journey and acknowledge their commitment to developing their career pathway.
Registration for this semester has closed.
Registration is first come, first serve and will automatically close when the program is full.
Please contact Genna Martella at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.