Housing During Summer Start
Living on campus is an essential part of students’ transitions to college, and NC State requires all first-year students to live in University Housing. As such, all first-year students participating in Summer Start are required to live on-campus during the summer as well. Exemptions from the live on requirement may be available. Learn more about NC State’s first year requirement and possible exemptions here.
On-campus housing for Summer Start will be in the heart of campus in Owen Hall. Mark your calendar for Summer Start housing Move-In on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 from 9:00am to 2:00pm! More information about Move-In will come in late-May.
Note: The application for summer housing will be separate from your fall semester housing request and the housing application for Summer Start are now available via MyPack Portal, please see directions below for applying for Summer Start housing.
Same-sex roommates will be assigned. Several dining facilities are located within walking distance of Owen Hall. Meal plans are available in varying levels and are listed as part of the program costs. Learn more below!
Participants are also provided access to all the amenities they will have in the fall semester. The Student Health Center, Carmichael Gymnasium, and the NCSU Libraries are all operational during the summer.
Directions to Apply for Summer Housing
- Log into MyPack Portal and select Housing Application from the menu
- Click on “Summer Housing Application” in the red toolbar at the top of the page
- Note: The date is different for Summer Start participants and Summer Start Move-In is on Wednesday, June 19.
- Click “Apply” in the box at the bottom of the page
- Complete the requested information
- Under Summer Term Option page, under the Summer Term section, choose “Summer Start”
- In the Summer Preferences section, select “Summer Start Housing”
- Under the next section, choose “Summer school classes”
- In the Summer Housing-Other Information section, please provide any information needed by University Housing to accommodate your request this summer (e.g., medical accommodations, etc.)
- Review the Housing Agreement, provide your information, and click “Save and Continue” to submit your application
Meal Plans for Summer
Students living on campus during Summer Start will be required to purchase a meal plan through University Dining, but students living off campus are also invited to purchase a meal plan as well.
University Dining’s three meal plan options and costs for 2019 are listed below:
- 12 Meals Per Week + 50 Dining Dollars ($515)
- 40 Meals During Summer Start + 50 Dining Dollars ($400)
- Commuter/Apartment: 250 Dining Dollars Only ($250)
- Note: The Commuter/Apartment plan is only available for students living in Wolf Village, Wolf Ridge apartments, or off-campus.
Students are able to purchase the meal plan option that best meets their needs during Summer Start. For more information on the meal plan options and tips in selecting the right meal plan, please visit the University Dining website.