Entering a university alongside a few thousand new classmates can be overwhelming. Pack Connections groups are a new way for you to make NC State feel like home, engage in the campus and Raleigh community and meet more of the Wolfpack!
- Who can join? Pack Connections group are open to first-year and transfer undergraduate students in their first year at NC State. Each Pack Connections group will be led by 1-2 upper-division Pack Connections Leaders.
- What will we be doing? All Pack Connections groups will biweekly on campus for dinner where your group will have a chance to know each other (dinner not provided). Activities outside of dinner meetings will vary per group, (see group descriptions below) but will include attending some of NC State’s and Raleigh’s signature events and traditions including athletic events, social events, community engagement and service events, cultural events, etc.
- When will groups meet? The Pack Connections program will kick off with each group’s first dinner on Monday, January 8, 2018 from 7pm-8pm, where you will meet your group and Pack Connections leaders. After the first week Pack Connections groups will meet weekly. On a biweekly basis, groups will meet for dinner on Mondays at 7pm. On the weeks opposite to group dinners, the groups will attend a variety of events across campus.
- What is the commitment? The program will run from Monday, January 8, 2018 through Monday, April 5, 2018. *Groups will not meet the week of Spring break (March 3-9, 2018).
- These groups are only open to first-year students (including Spring Connections students)
- Throughout the semester first-year groups will attend events bi-weekly around campus.
- These groups are only open to transfer students
- Throughout the semester #NCTransfergroups will attend events bi-weekly around campus.
Social Justice in Action group
- This group is open to both first-year and transfer students
- The Social Justice in Action group will serve as a certificate program for new students interested in expanding their knowledge, awareness, and skills around issues of social justice
- The group will attend both events/ trainings together and as individuals throughout the semester that they will discuss in their dinners.
- The group will have an extended first meeting to set a foundation for discussion that will occur on Monday, January 22, 2018 from 6pm-8pm
Space in the program is limited, and registration is first come, first serve. Registration for the program will close when space is filled, and participating students will be sent an invitation to attend the Pack Connections kickoff by Monday, November 11, 2017. For questions about participating, please contact Genna Martella at email@example.com.
Registration is now closed.
If you have any questions about participating, please email Genna Martella at firstname.lastname@example.org.