New Student On-Campus Job Fair
Benefits of an On-Campus Job
- A class-friendly schedule: No one understands the demands on a college student quite like campus employers. They’re also familiar with the college schedule, including breaks and finals, and will prioritize working around those as much as possible.
- Meet new people: On-campus departments employ thousands of students! Unlike off-campus jobs, everyday you’ll be working with potential classmates or even roommates.
- Convenient location: Easily transition from class or a student organization meeting to your job without even having to get into your car!
- Build your resume: gain valuable employment experience and transferable skills that can help you improve your resume
- Great references: On-campus supervisors can be the source of some great references for future employment and graduate school.
Preparing for the Fair
This fair is meant to be informational and more informal than other career fairs on campus. It is not necessary for attendees to wear business professional attire or have resumes on hand. However, it is still important to make a good impression with future employers, so make sure to avoid the items listed below:
- cut/ripped shirts
- pants with holes
- clothing with profanity or advertising alcohol/ inappropriate content
- shirts baring midriff
- revealing clothing or low cut shirt
- undergarments showing
What to Expect
- Sign in at the door using your NC State Student ID.
- After checking in, you’ll attend a brief presentation with the Career Development Center Career Ambassadors who will provide tips and tricks for approaching employers, navigating the job fair, sharing your credentials, and following up with employers.
- Meet the Employers! You’ll enter the ballroom and chat with employers across campus offering positions for the current semester and spring semester.
Here’s a preview of some of the employers and positions that will be available. Come to the fair for more details and employer contact information.
Academic Support Program for Student Athletes
- Academic Tutor
- Study Hall Monitor
- Student Fundraiser
- Facilities Operations Assistant
- Food Service Worker
- C-Store Cashier
Disability Services Office (DSO)
- Access Assistant
- Class Note Taker
Enrollment Management and Services
- Over 50 Campus Federal Work Study Positions
Media and Student Services
- Camera Operator
- Technical Director
New Student Programs
- Orientation Leaders
- Summer Start Peer Mentors
Office of Information Technology
- ClassTech Support Technician
TRIO Student Support Services
- TRIO SSS Peer Tutor
- Resident Advisors (RA)
- Score Keepers
- And more!
Questions? Contact New Student Programs at email@example.com or 919-515-1234.