Benefits of an On-Campus Job
- A class-friendly schedule: No one understands the demands on a college student quite like campus employers. They’re also familiar with the college schedule, including breaks and finals, and will prioritize working around those as much as possible.
- Meet new people: On-campus departments employ thousands of students! Unlike off-campus jobs, everyday you’ll be working with potential classmates or even roommates.
- Convenient location: Easily transition from class or a student organization meeting to your job without even having to get into your car!
- Build your resume: gain valuable employment experience and transferrable skills that can help you improve your resume
- Great references: On-campus supervisors can be the source of some great references for future employment and graduate school.
Preparing for the Fair
This fair is meant to be informational and more informal than other career fairs on campus. It is not necessary for attendees to wear business professional attire or have resumes on hand. However, it is still important to make a good impression with future employers, so make sure to avoid the items listed below:
- athletic pants/shorts
- cut/ripped shirts
- pants with holes
- clothing with profanity or advertising alcohol/ inappropriate content
- shirts baring midriff
- revealing clothing or low cut shirt
- clothing that is too tight
- undergarments showing, even if they match
- Preparing and Critiquing Resumes | February 6 & 7, 2017
- What are the latest resume trends?
- How to engage your reader
- Powerful action verbs
- Covering Cover Letters | February 13 & 14, 2017
- How to structure a cover letter
- How to communicate effectively through email
- Thank you letter best practices
Questions? Contact New Student Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-515-1234.