New Student Job and Leadership Fair
What to Expect
Like the idea and convenience of an on-campus job, but not sure where to start? Looking for leadership experience that will propel you to the next step? The New Student Job and Leadership Fair brings together on-campus employers and offices offering paid and unpaid leadership roles, making it easy for you to see all that is available for the spring and summer on campus.
Benefits of an On-Campus Job or Leadership Opportunity
- A class-friendly schedule: The departments attending are familiar with the demands of college, including breaks and finals, and will prioritize working around those as much as possible.
- Gain Career Experience: Whether it’s paid or unpaid, on campus job and leadership opportunities gain valuable experience and transferable skills that can help you in your future career. The 2016 Job Outlook Report showed that 80% of employers are looking for candidates with leadership experience.
- Great references: On-campus supervisors and advisors can be the source of some great references for future employment and graduate school and mentors later in your career.
- Meet new people: On-campus departments work with thousands of students! Unlike off-campus jobs, everyday you’ll be working with potential classmates or future colleagues.
- Convenient location: Easily transition from class or a student organization meeting to your role without even having to get into your car!
Preparing for the Fair
This fair is meant to be informational and more informal than other career fairs on campus. It is not necessary for attendees to wear business professional attire or have resumes on hand.
However, it is still important to make a good impression on future employers, so make sure to avoid the items listed below:
- cut/ripped shirts or pants
- clothing with profanity or advertising alcohol/ inappropriate content
- shirts baring midriff
- revealing clothing or low cut shirt
- undergarments showing
What Opportunities are Available?
Available positions will be posted in September 2018.