Summer START Mentors are a critical component to the success of our program and students. Mentors are currently enrolled NC State students with a genuine interest in helping new students succeed both academically and personally. We carefully select motivated and caring individuals to mentor first year students and help them have a smooth transition to NC State.
- Be an enrolled NC State student
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Live on campus with Summer START students for summer session II
- Exceptional oral communication skills
- Involvement in campus activities is preferred
- Have a genuine interest in helping other students be academically, professionally and personally successful
- Successfully complete USC 298 with a grade of C or better (or “S”) during spring 2016. This course will be offered on Mondays at 4:30 PM. *Students who have already successfully completed this course will not be required to enroll but will be expected to participate in specified group activities.
The application for 2016 Summer START Mentors can be downloaded here:
Applications are due October 12th by 5:00 PM. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.