I am #NCState23 is a collaborative Instagram account showcasing the uniquely original NC State Class of 2023. The project serves to not only chronicle the first-year transition to the University, but to celebrate what makes NC State such an innovative and creative place to call home. As each week passes, two different new students will have the opportunity to show the #WolfpackNation not only what makes NC State unique and original, but also show who they are and tell their story of college.
HOW IT WORKS
New NC State students hold the account with two goals in mind…
- to Reflect: Your goal throughout the week is to visually show the NC State community your thoughts, feelings, and experience.
- to Share: Throughout the week tell your story of how you came to fall in love with NC State.
To help you get started, here a few suggested themes to consider … think of them as a scavenger hunt or a checklist, but feel free to be open to other sources of inspiration.
- Open Your Mind
- #SomethingNew Show us something you are trying for the first time.
- #ThinkandDo How do you think critically and actively problem solve? Show us, and the University, your study group, or a cool project.
- #Inspiration Have you met a faculty or staff member that has sparked an interest in you? How about a particular building on campus
- #iHeartRaleigh Discover all that your new home has to offer. From restaurants to museums, there is always something new to explore.
- Build Your Community
- #Portrait Show us a new friend or a new connection. Who are you excited to get to know this year?
- #Support Who do you lean on for support? Who has been there for you during your time in college?
- #NCState23 Illustrate your class pride through a creative representation of #NCState23
- Shape Your Life
- Just a few of our #FavoriteThings What are some things you can’t live without? Do you have a favorite flavor of howling cow ice cream? Favorite study spot?
- #RedandWhiteForLife What do you want to remember for the rest of your life? Which event during your time at NC State has had the most impact?
- #STATEment What is a personal goal for yourself in the next four years? What do you hope to accomplish? How do you hope to make an impact?