You’ve made it through your first semester… now it’s time to celebrate!
Congratulations #NCState21! You’ve made it through your first semester! Before you settle into your favorite study spots and prepare for exams, take a break, and celebrate at First Finals. Get crafty by DIY decorating your own coffee mug, collect an #NCState21 magnet, enjoy aromatherapy, showcase your talent at karaoke, and more! We’ll send you into exam week with a little encouragement from an returning student and a special treat to help you get through exams. Don’t let finals get you down, join us and celebrate the moment:
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
8:00 pm-9:30 pm | Talley Student Union, One Earth Lounge
In the meantime, check out these tips for keeping a positive mindset while you study:
- Fall Asleep Faster- Disconnecting from your phone and laptop before bed helps maintain melatonin levels which contribute to sleep cycle regulation.
- Take a Whiff- Scents like lavender, cypress, and rosemary can help with concentration and reduce stress.
- Keep Your Mind Minty Fresh- Mint can increase alertness, concentration, and information retention while relieving stress and anxiety.
- Keep it Clean- The sight of clutter can be a distraction or even induce stress.
- Breathe Your Stress Away- Oxygen helps your brain to stay alert and sharp! Taking some deep breaths can help lower stress levels and increase brain function.