DECEMBER 1ST, 8:00-9:30PM
ONE EARTH LOUNGE
Congratulations #NCState20! You’ve made it through your first semester! Before you settle into your favorite study spots and prepare for exams, take a break, and celebrate at First Finals!. Get crafty by DIY decorating your own coffee mug and buttons, warm up with free hot chocolate and coffee, and enjoy some karaoke! We’ll send you into exam week with a little encouragement from an upperclassmen and a special treat to help you get through exams. Don’t let finals get you down, join us and celebrate the moment!
Click here to add the event to your calendar!
In the meantime, check out these tips for keeping a positive mindset while you study:
- Fall Asleep Faster- Disconnecting from your phone and laptop before bed helps maintain melatonin levels which contribute to sleep cycle regulation.
- Take a Whiff- Scents like lavender, cypress, and rosemary can help with concentration and reduce stress.
- Keep Your Mind Minty Fresh- Mint can increase alertness, concentration, and information retention while relieving stress and anxiety.
- Keep it Clean- The sight of clutter can be a distraction or even induce stress.
- Breathe Your Stress Away- Oxygen helps your brain to stay alert and sharp! Taking some deep breaths can help lower stress levels and increase brain function.