NSP is currently seeking design candidates for Summer and Fall 2019!
New Student Programs is currently seeking students to apply for Graphic Designer positions for Summer 2019 and the Fall 2019 semester. The student in this position will gain hands on experience designing for print, web, and social media. New Student Programs prides itself in being a student-centered office that fosters a positive and collaborative working environment. We hope that you consider joining our team!
What are past designers saying?
“Being at NSP has been a wonderful job experience. I feel as though I’ve solidified my design skills and learned how to work well in an office environment. Also, everyone at the office is amazing and very easy to work with. They are understanding of my class schedule and design process, which means I get to have flexible work hours. I’m glad I found NSP, as they’ve provided a fulfilling and creative work experience.” Megan Bonner, Senior in Graphic Design
“New Student Programs is the place I never knew I needed to work at. NSP has been an incredible place to work at because it has allowed me to expand on my existing skills and learned new skills as well. Along with that, I have been able to design in an incredible work environment that provides valuable feedback, suggestions, and encouragement throughout the whole design process.” Kayla Watson, Senior in Graphic Design
- Opportunity to develop professional portfolio pieces through practical application
- Flexible on-campus hours that work around your schedule
- Positive and collaborative work environment that supports creative exploration
- Design and format print and digital materials for programs including Student and Family Orientation, Wolfpack Welcome Week, the Common Reading Program, Summer Start Program, transition programs during the academic year, Orientation Leader Recruitment, etc.
- Design assets for social media posts and campaigns
- Create collateral materials and giveaways for students transitioning to NC State
- Maintain structure and create visual content for departmental website (newstudents.ncsu.edu)
- Contribute to the department’s overall communication planning through collaboration with professional staff
- Required: Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator (Preferred: experience with After Effects)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of WordPress/HTML
- Collaborative work flow focused on creative problem solving
- Demonstrates responsibility, punctuality, excellent time management skills, and a positive attitude
- Current full-time NC State student
- $10 per hour for approximately 8-10 hours per week during the academic year or 15-20 hours per week in the summer (flexible scheduling)
- Currently hiring for Summer 2019 and/or the Fall 2019 semester, but year-round opportunities may be available
To apply, email your resume and a small sampling of your work by March 18, 2019 to the Associate Director of New Student Programs, Cameron Hill, at email@example.com.