New Student Programs is currently seeking students to apply for a Graphic Designer position during summer 2017. The student in this position will gain hands on experience designing for print, web, and social media. New Student Programs prides itself in being a student-centered office that fosters a positive and collaborative working environment. We hope that you consider joining our team!
- Opportunity to develop professional portfolio pieces through practical application
- Flexible on-campus hours that work around your schedule
- Positive and collaborative work environment that supports creative exploration
- Design and format print and digital materials for programs including Student and Family Orientation, Wolfpack Welcome Week, the Common Reading Program, Summer Start Program, Orientation Leader Recruitment, etc.
- Create collateral materials and giveaways for students transitioning to NC State
- Maintain structure and create visual content for departmental website (newstudents.ncsu.edu)
- Contribute to the department’s overall communication planning through collaboration with professional staff
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of WordPress/HTML
- Collaborative work flow focused on creative problem solving
- Demonstrates responsibility, punctuality, and excellent time management skills
- Current full-time NC State student
- $10 per hour for approximately 20 hours per week (flexible scheduling)
- Currently hiring for May – August 2017, but year-round opportunities may be available
To apply, email your resume and a small sampling of your work to the Associate Director of New Student Programs, Cameron Hill, at firstname.lastname@example.org.